Democracy in Progress

Sunday, April 25, 2010 8:39 AM Posted by AZNAN

Today (25 April 2010) is voting day for Hulu Selangor (P094) by-election. The people will cast their votes to decide who would be their representative in Parliament for the term ending 2013. The election is an indication of the healthy practice of democratic process in Malaysia. While I am not actively into politics, as a responsible citizen, I am somewhat politically conscious of political development in the country. It is important there is political stability to ensure that we would continue to make significant progress. For stability to be attained, there must be continuation of policies, and these policies should be acceptable to the majority. Both candidates are known to me. Datuk Zaid Ibrahim was together with me studying in UiTM in early seventies. He was an active and outspoken student leader then, and as far as I can remember, his thoughts and ideas have been very liberal from the student days. Meanwhile, P. Kamalanathan was my predecessor as Honorary Secretary of the Institute of Public Relations Malaysia (IPRM) just before me. As a public relations practitioner he too has been an active Council Member of the Institute making contribution towards the success of the profession.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment